With Women’s Equality Day around the corner and the U.S. ranking No. 49 out of 144 countries on the Global Gender Gap Index – falling 4 spots since the previous year
– the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Best & Worst States for Women's Equality as well as accompanying videos.
In order to determine where women receive the most equal treatment in American society, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 16 key metrics.
The data set ranges from the gap between female and male executives to the disparity in unemployment rates for women and men.
Women’s Equality in Texas (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
• 22nd – Earnings Gap
• 28th – Executive Positions Gap
• 23rd – Work Hours Gap
• 42nd – Educational Attainment Gap (Among Advanced Degree Holders)
• 28th – Minimum-Wage Workers Gap
• 41st – Unemployment Rate Gap
• 22nd – Entrepreneurship Rate Gap
• 47th – Political Representation Gap
For the full report, please visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-and-worst-states-for-women-equality/5835/